A little while back I was nominated on Facebook to share seven crafty things, I didn’t, I forgot! Better late than never I hope…
E and M are soon to have their own grown up beds as it is getting increasingly hard to encourage them to stay in their cots. Recent endeavours to keep them in their cots have included tying the zips together on their sleeping bags so they can’t remove them and get their legs over the side of the cot, cable-tying toys to the chest of drawers between their cots so they can’t pull themselves onto it and stranding their cots in the middle of the room so they can’t grab on to anything and hoist themselves out! Thankfully it has worked in stages over the last year as the thought of the pair of them messing around with free access to their room at night was not at all appealing. So projects one and two are rainbow coloured crocheted blankets/bedspreads to go on their new (vintage cast-iron ) beds. They are a work in progress. Thinking of finishing them off with some frilly edging and maybe a pompom or two.
Then there is the new (second hand) bookcase that has turned one of E and M’s chest of drawers into a dresser to house their growing collection of toys and books. The crafty bit is that it needed a bit of tlc when it arrived. Some sandpaper and antique wax later and I think it is a pretty good match for the Victorian pine drawers. Not a bad job I think!
Number four is the crochet stool cover I made to cover the boring water marked stool used to reach the books on the new shelf.
Number five is the patchwork quilt originally intended for the day bed in my craft room (circa 2008), now E and M’s room. The daybed is soon to be dismantled to make way for a standard size single bed. Another work in progress blanket, destined for the daybed when reconstructed in a future home, so no hurry…
Finally numbers six and seven are not for the house but our car. My lovely little pre-children car was once my pride and joy, hand adorned with pink and white flowers and decorated inside with homemade pink spotty bunting, cushions, first aid kit and bow tied gorilla. It also had a few shop bought accessories such as the pink spotty pop up bin and fleece blanket but the beauty was recently written off (no casualties except the car and our bank account).
Alex got a newer man car to replace it (the seat belt is so far back, it only has 3 doors and it sounds a bit like a tractor/ race car) so I was given permission to hippy up our family car, hoorah! I decided our ugly navy car needed an extreme makeover, inside and out, which is in full swing. I have started applying the approximately 160 flowers, star, spot, ladybird, bumblebee and pink sugar mouse stickers to the exterior but there are many hours of work still to be done. There are plans for a collection of homemade floral accessories too but so far I have only started some crocheted headrest covers. Sneaky peak below but I will share the full makeover another time.